- Off-Season: 6:45 a.m.--7:30 p.m., 9:00--10:00 p.m., 11:00--11:15 p.m.
- Summer: 6:45 a.m.-- midnight
- On call after hours for emergencies only
- Passenger: $4 round-trip. Car and driver: $12 round-trip. Bike and rider $6 round-trip. Moped (includes operator): $8 round-trip. Motorcycle (includes operator): $8 round-trip.
- Click for more fares
- There will be ONLY ONE FERRY running starting October 20th, 2013 for 10 - 20 days. EXPECT LONGER WAIT TIMES
- The ferry runs weather permitting.
- Put vehicle in park, set brake, shut off engine once aboard, and do not restart until directed by the captain or deckhand.
- At night, turn off headlights while waiting for the ferry.
- Passengers must sit once aboard and may not stand until directed by the captain or deckhand.
ONE FERRY RUNNING – EXPECT DELAYS
Beginning Sunday October 20th, continuing for at least ten days and perhaps twenty days, only one ferry will be serving Chappaquiddick Island.
Expect long delays during this period.
You may wait perhaps 3 times longer than usual.
The larger of the two ferries, On Time III, must be hauled out of the water for it’s biennial US Coast Guard required hull inspection and preventive maintenance.
Only the On Time II will remain in service. This ferry is the smaller of the two ferries, being ten feet shorter. We cannot always get three vehicles aboard, especially when carrying pick-ups with extended cabs. With only one ferry operating and with that ferry often carrying only two vehicles, the waiting line may get very long at times.
You can help us to operate more efficiently by removing your trailer hitch. Often this will give us the extra foot needed to squeeze on a third vehicle. If you have more than one vehicle and have a choice, please use your shortest vehicle during this period. This will help reduce the waiting time.
You can help yourself and others by avoiding the normally busy times.
To find out when the ferry resumes regular operation:
Check our web cameras at ChappyWISP or at ChappyFerry.com on the Internet. When you can see two ferries, that means that both boats are in service again.
Call our hotline at 508-627-6965 and check our FaceBook page.
Sign up to receive a “Chappy Text Notification”. To sign up, text the word “chappy” to 69302.